Basically you need to have these things in order for your webshop to go online.
- Connect Stripe account. (Don’t worry it is easy and it is free to register for Stripe)
- Adjust shop settings
- Create Products
- Admin approval of products
The Primus commission for sales in the webshop is 18% for level 1 excluding the payment gateway fees. In order for you to get your money directly after a purchase you need to have a Stripe account. It’s like a better and cheaper Paypal and without it your webshop won’t work.
Connect Stripe Account
You can connect / register your Stripe account directly under the Settings tab:
Go to à Your Webshop > Settings > Payment
Stripe is currently only available in these countries (but make a double check since new countries are added from time to time):
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Austria Beta
- Belgium Beta
- France Beta
- Germany Beta
- Italy Beta
- Japan Beta
- Luxembourg Beta
- Netherlands Beta
- Singapore Beta
- Spain Beta
- Brazil Private Beta
- Hong Kong Private Beta
- Mexico Private Beta
- New Zealand Private Beta
- Portugal Private Beta
- Switzerland Private Beta
Click on the blue button and follow the instructions.
When you click on the Connect with Stripe button, stripe will ask you for your login information, and if they don’t already have an account, it will ask you to create one. Once you do, you will be redirected back to Primus and successfully connected to Stripe. Once connected, the Connect with Stripe button changes to a “Disconnect from Stripe”.
After you have received an order that was paid, your sales will show up under your Stripe dashboard on stripe.com. Sales will also show up on Primus under the Dashboard and Orders tab. You will see the total purchase price, and the amount received after commission.
Make sure to verify your stripe account before you sell your products and switch to the “Live” mode in the Stripe Dashboard. Otherwise there will be an error message in the customers’ checkout!
Adjust Shop Settings
When you have connected your Stripe account to Primus it is time to customize your Shop Settings.
Head to Your Webshop > Settings.
Fill in the form. This is pretty straightforward information like your address, etc. It is very important that you change the Store Country to where you live if you will ship merch. The National and International Shipping is based on this address and if you don’t fill in anything, the store will add international shipping to all orders which is not ultimate.
If you will go on vacation and don’t want to check the orders you can check the “Enable Vacation Mode”.
Click Save Changes.
Head to Your Webshop > Dashboard or Your Webshop > Dashboard.
- Click “Add Product”.
- Fill in The Product Name
- Product Description is a longer description of the product and will show up last on the product page.
- Product Short Description is an extract of what the customer will see.
- Choose a featured image that represents the product. For best result choose a square sized picture.
- If you would like to add some more images add some in the gallery.
Product Type (Simple or Variable)
- Simple Product. Most often this will be your choice for the things you sell. Simple products are shipped and have no options. For example a CD.
- A variable product is a product that has variations, each of which may have different price, stock option, etc. For example, a t-shirt available in different colours and/or sizes.
- A Grouped product is a collection of related products that can be purchased individually and only consist of simple products. For example, a set of six drinking glasses.
Define the product type (as outlined above) and whether it is a downloadable (digital) or virtual (service) product
Fill in price and if applicable Sale Price
Adding a downloadable product (like music)
When adding a simple product, you can check the downloadable box. This adds four new fields:
- Add file — Path or url to your downloadable file. Upload the file.
- Download limit – Limit on number of times the customer can download file. Left blank for unlimited downloads.
- Download Expiry. Enter the number of days before a download link expires, or leave blank.
- Download type. Choose what best describes your product.
The inventory tab allows you to manage stock for the product individually
You can chose to sell nationally and or internationally. (This is based on the Shop location added in the Settings page. This section will override the overall Shipping page under the settings page. Set the shipping fees National and International.
Set if the product should have free shipping, should be disabled or only charged once per product, even if more is purchased.
Set a Product handling fee, either in $ or in % of the order amount.
Linked products is used to promote your products or another artist for that matter.
Up-sells are displayed on the product details page. These are products that you may wish to encourage users to upgrade, based on the product they are currently viewing. For example, if the user is viewing the coffee product listing page, you may want to display tea kettles on that same page as an up-sell.
Cross-sells are products that are displayed with the cart and related to the user’s cart contents. As an example, if the customer adds a Nintendo DS to their cart, you may want to suggest they purchase spare Styluses when they arrive at the cart page.
Choose among the existing product attributes that you would like your products to be searched for. For example if you have a black shirt, you can add an attribute Colour, then select black. In this case your product will show up in search results and when a user clicks the black product attribute in the Primus Webshop. This is good when a customer is looking for something in particular. For example a black shirt.
Attributes are also important in the Variable product type.
The variation tab will show up when you have chosen the Variable Product type. This is used for example to add t-shirts with different sizes and colours. Please save your product and then contact an admin to set up the variations correctly. State the different attributes you would like your product to have in the attribute section. If there are any missing, ask admin to add it.
Click Save Pending to send to an administrator for review or Save Draft to save for later.
If any questions please don’t hesitate to add them in the forum! 🙂